xo, Young et Beautiful
Did you remember my beauty faves of 2014? Well, now it's time to show you my favorite books of the year. This year I decided that I would read at least 12 books, one per month but at the end of the year I read 18 books! I couldn't believe it! Some of the books that I read were great, some were awful so now I want to talk about my favorite ones...
1. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell - If you've been here for a while you may have read my review on this book, I loved it so much and at the same time I hate this book; not because of the writing or anyhting like that but because of the open ending I was frustrated when I ended this book... I don't want to spoil anyone so I'm just gonna say, go and read this book right now! Here is the review if you're wondering: http://youngetbeautiful.weebly.com/blog/book-talk-june-2014
2. Lauren Conrad BEAUTY - oh my god! this is like the bible of makeup, everything you need to know about skincare, nails, makeup, lipstick eyebrows, etc. is in here. I love how Lauren explains everything and gives you the best tips to look gorgeous when applying makeup. This book I recommend for those who love makeup, I learned a lot!
3. Uglies by Scott Westerfeld - This novel was really entretaining, is not my typical book to read, but I really enjoyed it! Basically is about a world were everyone gets to be pretty by the age of 16, and then there's this girl "Tally" that wants to become pretty but when she meets "Shay" she gets in trouble because Shay doesn't wanna be pretty and the people controling the operations force Tally to find her friend and betray her so she can get the operation and become pretty. The rest I can't tell you because then it gets super interesting and you need to read it!
4. The Maze Runner by James Dashner - I saw the movie, but I liked the book better, I'm sure almost everyone knows about this book, the thing is I loved it and I need to read the rest of the series!
5. Catching Fire by Suzane Collins - I read this after seeing the movie and I prefer the book (I always prefer the books) great book, I definetely recommend it.
6. Mockingjay by Suzane Collins- I think this isn't one of my all time favorites, but I still enjoyed it, it's just that I didn't like what they did to Peeta (if you have read this you know what I'm talking about)
7. FOUR A divergent collection by Veronica Roth - What can I say about this book? I prefer reading the divergent story with this perspective, finding out what Tobias (Four) is thinking about everything that is happening, getting to know his side of the story, is just awesome!
8. Allegiant by Veronica Roth - I have doubts whether or not to put this book in this list but I'm not gonna lie, I really enjoyed reading the book I just have a problem, the ending is disgusting I hate when autors do that with their main characters, is just awful in my opinion. I think everthing was right until the end, everything was supposed to be perfect but no, here comes Veronica Roth to kill all my expectations with that ending.
9. If I stay by Gayle Forman - This book was so different of anything I've ever read before, it was a little bit tricky to read because suddenly the principal character had alll this flashbacks in between the story and sometimes I felt lost while reading this book but is awesome!
10. The One by Kiera Cass - I got bored with The selection and even more with The elite, but this last book was very entretaining finally Amrica decided: stay with Maxon or get Aspen back, and I loved her final desision, is just so long to finally know what she decides, that's why many people find this trilogy boring.
So those were my favorite books of 2014, what books have you been loving this year? Comment down below your favorite books, I'd love to read them too! See you tomorrow!
xo, Young et Beautiful